Ladakh is a region in India totally isolated from the modern world. An authentic land, it is faithful to ancestral customs where life is characterized by intense spirituality. Ladakh lies at an altitude from 9000 ft to 25170 feet. It means "land of high passes". Until the coming of the aircraft, the only access into this remote, high Trans- Himalayan kingdom was across several high pass crossings. Being in a complete rainshadow region, cut off from the monsoon clouds by the Great Himalayas and a host of subsidiary ranges, it is a cold high altitude desert where the wind, water from the minimal winter snows, and chemical reactions within the rocks themselves, have carved a fantastic, sometimes grotesque, landscape.
PackageCost Starts from Rs - 24000 /- per person.
TRIP PRICES INCLUDES:
· Twin sharing accommodation (Double room) at all places in Hotels / Camps as applicable to the itinerary.
· Meals Breakfast & dinner.
· Welcome drink on arrival with cookies and biscuits / early checkin in Leh.
· Airport transfer in Leh.
· Exclusive sightseeing & excursions by one non ac Scorpio / Tavera / Mahindra Xylo vehicles,
· Wildlife fee forPangong LakeandNubra Valleyareas which are protected wildlife sanctuaries inLadakh.
· Inner line permit for restricted areas of Nubra, Pangong areas (Guest are required to bring one a photocopy of their photo identity proof along with them. Foreign Tourist should bring their original Passport with a valid Indian Visa on it. For Foreign Diplomats the permit has to be issued from Ministry of Home Affairs,New Delhi)
· LadakhAutonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC) Leh Environment fee.
· Service tax extra @ 3.63% of the total bill amount.
· Domestic airfare.
· Personal items like mineral water, phone calls, laundry etc.
· Extra meals / room services / bottled beverages consumed at the hotel.
· Additional costs for Hotel accommodation, transport services due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc.
· Porterage & tips at the airport, Hotel/Camp staff & drivers.
· Any other items which is specifically not mentioned in the above INCLUSIONS.
Following is the Itinerary-
Highlights: Alchi Murals, Pangong Lake, Khardongla Pass, Nubra Valley,
Overview: Journey toLadakhbrings the beauty of Pangong with Nubra giving the guests enough time to explore these two regions ofLadakhas it combines a night halt at both these places
Day 1 : Delhi : Leh
Arrive Kushok Bakula airport Leh 3500m & transfer to hotel 2/3 Km. Full day at rest for acclimatization. Evening visit Shanti stupa and local market. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 2: Leh :Alchi-Leh
Drive west of Leh to visit the magnificient miniature paintings of Alchi Monastery 68 kms/ 2-3 hrs dating back to 990 AD. On the way visit Magnetic Hill which defies gravity, Indus & Zanskar river Sangam. On the way back visit Military Hall of Fame. Overnight at the hotel in Leh.
Day 3 : Leh : Nubra Valley
Morning drive to Nubra Valley 125km/ 4-5 hrs crossing Khardongla Pass 18360 ft, the world highest motorable pass. Afternoon visit Diskit & Hunder Monasteries and the white sand dunes with perhaps a Camel Safari on the double humped camles which are found only in Nubra as far as India is concerned. Overnight at the Deluxe Camp / Hotel.
Day 4 : Nubra Valley : Leh
Morning visit Samstanling Monastery and then drive back to Leh 155 kms/ 5-6 hrs via Khardongla pass. Evening free in Leh bazaars for last minute shopping, in Leh items like pure Pashmina shawls, good pearls, Chinese cutleries and beautifulLadakhiwooden handicrafts can be purchased. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 5 : Leh to Pangong Lake
Early morning fullday excursion to Pangong Lake 135 km / 4400m east of Leh crossing Changla Pass 17500ft and driving via Durbuk and Tangtse villages in the Changthang region ofLadakhand perhaps one of the most amazing lakes in Asia which changes its color 4 : 5 times a day. Afternoon explore the lake and enjoy a romantic walk along the lake. Evening visit the tiny nomadic village located at a distance. Overnight at tented Camp.
Day 6: Pangong : Leh
Members can enjoy early morning photo-shoots of the lake which looks great, breakfast and then drive back to Leh. If desired members can visit Hemis Monastery 5 km across Indus river near Kharu, Hemis is the richest and the biggest monastery complex inLadakh. Back to Leh bynoon. Afternoon free at leisure for last minute shopping etc. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 7: Leh : Delhi (Flight)
Morning transfer to KBR airport to board flight for Delhi.
Package Includes -YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE THIS PACKAGE AS PER YOUR ...more
These packages are designed for those who are planning for a quick weekend ...more
Package IncludesInclusionAccommodation at hotel on twin sharing basisDaily ...more